Saturday, November 23, 2013

Table for EIGHT! Decorate your Holiday table for $40!!

Our Women's Ministry is called King's Daughters and for our Luncheon we paired in groups to decorate the tables. Each group decorated each table to seat 8 guests and we were to invite other women to the luncheon. My BFF/Cousin and I are on a budget so we knew we wanted something Chic, Classy, Trendy and AFFORDABLE. My cousin Paypal'd me her half and I went shopping. Even though its Fall season I didn't want Orange Earth tones. I wanted Classic with a Pop of Color. I went to Hobby Lobby first to see if I could find a few statement pieces on Clearance. 



I went from aisle to aisle looking for a color scheme. Thats when these black/white Chevron print disposable plates stood out at me.  They would take a nice chunk of the budget but I had to have them...


I picked up a black plastic table cloth but I put it back when I seen this gold table cloth. 


I found these pretty gold, turquoise, brown plastic peacock thingy's to go in the centerpiece. Its hard to see in this picture the leopard flower and gold/copper seeds/beads on the other side.


I also bought silver/gold plasticware and gold ribbon from Hobby Lobby.


Right next door was Dollar Tree so I found the black disposable plates, cups and bowls. I stacked the plates/bowls to look like place settings. I sooo need an etiquette class so I will know which order the spoon/forks and knives go. Something was still missing so we added the turquoise napkins to pull the color from the centerpiece. The vase/blue marbles came from Dollar Tree also.


My Bestie looking pretty waiting for the festivities to begin. We were so proud of our little table. We didn't have fine china and real silver like some of the other tables but it was a wonderful event. Its great when women can come together and have a grand time!!  


The picture doesn't do the decor any justice! 

These are a few of the other tables...The ladies did their thang and the food was awesome.

---------------------------------------------

I'm inspired to entertain more guests at home and I'm really excited about decorating for the Holidays!! It doesn't take a lot of money to host and be creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment