Saturday, January 11, 2014

Leave Blue Ivy's Hair Alone!!!


 Its nothing that gets under my skin like judgemental people. Its even more cringing to hear/read/see people "going in" on a helpless innocent child. In Blue Ivy's two years of life she has seen more of the world than most people do in a lifetime. I understand that Blue could care less because she has wealthy, loving doting parents who adore her. That's not the point. My point is that it is so appalling to see the "barrette bandits" ridicule every picture of Blue that hits the net. These miserable people used to post stupid stuff like, "Blue Ivy isn't Bey and Jay's" blah blah. Now that the child has grown up to look like a carbon copy blend of her parents its nothing left to say but to attack her hair. Some people might read this and wonder why I take this bashing so personal...Here's why:

1.) She's a baby! If you can talk bad about a baby you don't have a soul.
2.) Her hair is FREE, as it should be. Small children shouldn't be weighed down by 79 barrettes and heavy hair accessories.
3.) Blue's hair is in its natural state. If Beyonce permed it or put weave in it yall would be ready to stone her!
4.) Combing a toddlers' hair ain't easy. Who wants to hear a baby scream from having their fragile hair tugged and pulled?
5.) She wears natural loose hair, so who is to say whether her hair is done or not?
6.) Did I already say she was just a baby?



Seeing a happy, healthy, loved baby is more important to me than whether or not she has straight parts in her hair.


My son is similar in age and he hates for me to comb/his hair. The best I can do on a daily basis is slather some oil moisturizer in his hair. He squirms to get away every time. When he took a nap I made small little bantu knots to keep his hair from drying out.


This is my son's usual style. His toddler-fro. It may look unkept but I sprayed my olive oil/water mist and used the denman brush.


This style is rare, while he was sleep I wanted to put up his hair because it was damp from his shampoo/bath.

His hair loves the Kandy Kurls. It make his curls pop!

 From a distance his hair looks dry and matted but its not. I just put some product in but you can't tell.

No matter how much product I use his hair appears to be dry from a distance even when its not. Maybe its his brownish hair color.


After a bath I always put his hair up so it won't tangle.


From a far it looks dry...
 Up close you can see his curls better..

 This day he put up a fight because his hair was all over the place. It was a battle and totally not worth it. I wouldn't go through that again because he hated it.



I did the LOC METHOD method for supreme moisturizing.

The next day his hair absorbed every drop of moisture.


I couldn't imagine having paparazzi follow me around everywhere. My husband took the baby on a midnight run to the grocery store because he was teething and fussy. Folks would say I didn't comb my baby's hair judging from this picture.

I pulled his hair back for Christmas pictures with Santa. Someone asked me if he was a girl. GRRRRR! Thats why I don't like putting his hair in ponytails.



An older lady asked me when was I cutting off his hair because its too long. I was polite but it annoys me when people offer unsolicited advice.

After his shampoo I made random plaits..


My baby's signature style. His toddler-fro!


My baby's hair looks moisturized up close but not so much from a distance.


Tending to a baby's hair is not easy and I'm not nearly as busy as Beyonce. I know she can afford a professional stylist specifically for Blue....but, who's to say Blue would allow it. Personally, I wouldn't want anybody doing my child's hair but me. 

* Blue may be severely tender-headed
*Blue may have hair/scalp condition
or maybe...just maybe
*Blue may be strong willed like most baby/toddlers who ain't having it! THESE BABIES RUN THE HOUSE!! 

I just wanted to give my perspective of the situation. I may not always agree with everything Beyonce & Jay do but they get cool points from me for letting their child be free. The less styling and manipulation to the hair the better. Take it easy with the combs people! Yall gonna comb yalls kids hair so much they won't ever have any edges left!  

2 comments:

  1. Yes!!! It also makes my blood boil to hear people talking about Blue Ivy's hair. She is a baby and she's beautiful. And i know how hard it is to maintain a baby's hair..... which is why I ended up cutting both of the boys. I didn't take the time to do all that moisturizing and things that their hair needed. Omg, your son is ADORABLE and his hair looks so shiny and healthy. I admire your patience, girl!!! I wish i had taken the time with the boys. He is such a handsome little prince!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sis! Your little guys are adorable too. We decided early that we wanted to let his hair grow for at least a few years before we cut it. It's alot of work parenting alone not to mention grooming these little tots. I love Blue Ivy's hair and commend Beyonce for letting her be.

      Delete